Why should I join? Because members enjoy :
- Industrial Archaeology Review: The world’s leading IA journal, published twice yearly.
- IA News: A quarterly magazine containing information on current industrial archaeology events and news throughout the country.
- The Annual Conference: A popular get-together for all members. Held in a different part of the country each year, this consists of a weekend conference complemented by an additional programme over several days of field trips and informative lectures. Detailed gazetteers of sites in the area of the conference are produced and supplied free to members.
- Field Visits: In the UK and Overseas, organised and guided by people with long experience of Industrial Heritage tours.
- Practical Days: Workshops and discussions about issues and problems common to societies and professionals working in the field of industrial archaeology.
- Other conferences: To address specific interests and problems relating to industrial heritage.
- AIA Awards: To encourage excellence in industrial archaeology.
- A valuable forum: For individuals, amateur groups and professional bodies in the broad field of industrial archaeology.
But more importantly than the above, the support our members give us enables the AIA to continue its work in supporting and encouraging all aspects relating to our industrial heritage. We cannot do all we do, promoting IA at all levels – national and local – encouraging research, recording, conservation and preservation without our members’ help and support.
Membership is open to individuals (sole, joint or student) and to societies. It will be backdated to the beginning of the year in which you join and all publications for that year will be sent. Membership rates are:
- UK Ordinary member GBP 33.00
- UK Joint member GBP 38.00
- UK Student member GBP 21.00
- UK Affiliated Society member GBP 42.00
- Overseas Ordinary member GBP 38.00
- Overseas Joint member GBP 43.00
- Overseas Student member GBP 26.00
- Overseas Affiliated Society member GBP 47.00
Membership and subscriptions are administered on our behalf by the Taylor & Francis Group who have acquired the business of Maney Publishing.
For Individual, Joint or Student membership in the UK and the Rest of the World Join online now
You may alternatively apply by post by completing and printing out the Membership Application Form (Opens in new tab, information entered is not stored). Payment can be made by UK cheque, sterling draft drawn on London, or by credit card. Members with UK bank accounts may also pay by direct debit.
Members who pay UK tax can benefit the Association by completing a Gift Aid Declaration. By agreeing that the subscription can be taken as Gift Aid we are enabled, as a charity, to reclaim tax. This means that the AIA receives an extra 25p from the Chancellor of the Exchequer for every £1 subscribed in this way. Click here for a Gift Aid Form [pdf].
Organisations of similar and allied interests may affiliate to the AIA. Representatives may be nominated to exercise voting rights and all regular publications plus five copies of I A News are included. Attendance at events at AIA membership rates is available to the affiliated organisation’s members. UK membership £42.00. Overseas membership £47.00 Affiliated Society applications should use the postal form.
Click here to see a list of the many Affiliated Societies who have already joined us.
Libraries, universities and similar institutions who wish to subscribe to Industrial Archaeology Review, please visit T & F Online for more information and to subscribe online, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For enquiries about your society rate subscription, please email: email@example.com
Informa UK Ltd
CO3 3LP, UK